Simple Tips To Naturally Take Care Of Men's Skin
Do you want to show off an impeccable and attractive face? For that, you must shave your beard, but also pamper your skin a little. We teach you some simple and very quick tips for skin care that will make a difference.
Skin types and their importance in facial care
The main thing for good skin care is to know your skin type or skin biotype, since the products to use depend on it. The biotypes that exist and the way to identify them is as follows:
- Dry skin: they produce little sebum and do not retain moisture. Its appearance is tight, scaly and opaque. They require a cream product.
- Oily skin: they produce too much sebum. Its appearance is greasy, with visible and enlarged pores. They need astringent products without oils, such as cleansing foams and gels for hydration or sun protection.
- Combination skin: the forehead, nose and chin produce excess sebum, the cheekbones do not. They look greasy in the central area and dry on the sides. They need astringent products for the oily area and moisturizers for the other areas.
- Sensitive skin: the production of sebum is normal, but they become irritated, red or hurt with small stimuli. They appear thin, weak and almost always flushed. They require very soft products, without detergents, alcohol or perfumes.
- Normal skins: they have adequate sebum production. Its appearance is smooth, hydrated and without visible pores. They need gentle products to keep it healthy.
4 routine steps for men's skin care
Men's skincare shouldn't just be about washing. If you want a luminous, glowing and hydrated face, you must do much more than just use soap and water. We indicate which are the 4 routine steps that you must follow.
STEP 1: Facial cleansing
Every skincare routine begins with daily cleansing. This is important to remove environmental pollution residues and dead cells. It is essential that you choose a cleanser according to your biotype to avoid irritation.
Cleaning can be done when you wake up and before going to bed. If you exercise vigorously every day, it is also advisable to wash your face when finished. Excess sweat can macerate your skin, making it flaky and sensitive.
Exfoliating your skin once a week will make it look more radiant and smooth. It also helps you prevent beard folliculitis and ingrown hairs.
The process is simple, first wash your face and while it is still wet you apply the scrub. You should make circles on your face, outwards and upwards, without pressing too much. After massaging for a few minutes, rinse and apply your usual toner and cream. Finally, do not exfoliate if you plan to expose yourself to the sun because your skin is sensitive and can stain.
STEP 2: Apply a toner
When you clean your face, in addition to the pollution residues and dead cells, you also remove the essential oils. These oils maintain an acidic pH (4.7 to 5.75) and form a film on the outer layer of the skin. When the pH is acidic the tissue is protected against allergies, dermatitis, infections and other external influences. When altered (product of the use of soaps or facial cleansers) the skin becomes vulnerable to the sun, air and environmental pollution.
Therefore, you need to apply a toner after cleaning. This product regulates the pH of your skin and keeps it protected. To apply it, moisten a cotton ball and lightly touch the entire area. Always try to choose one without alcohol because this element can irritate you if you shave.
STEP 3: Facial hydration
Our body is made up of 60% water, and the skin tissue is no different, that is why you should always hydrate the skin. Ideally, you should apply the moisturizer in the morning and at night.
Depending on your biotype and the area of your face, you should use products with the following consistencies:
- Creams or oils for dry skin.
- Gels for oily skin.
- Cream on cheekbones and gels in the area of the forehead, nose and chin for combination skin
- Always use creams for the eye contour.
The way to apply the products on your face should be with a light circular and upward massage. This favors the circulation and absorption of the product.
Use of masks
Masks are skincare products that deeply hydrate. In addition, they have a high concentration of active ingredients that can help to remove stains, reduce wrinkles, control fat, among others. If you have spots on your face, you can use one with vitamin C. To improve expression lines you can go to those that contain collagen and hyaluronic acid. If you want to control grease, use the ones that are based on activated charcoal or clay.
Its application is simple, first you wash your face to clean the pores, then you apply the mask and leave it for 20 minutes. Finally, you rinse and continue with your routine. For best effect use after exfoliation. Remember that you can only apply it once a week.
STEP 4: Sun protection
Sunlight (UVA and UVB) causes the appearance of spots and wrinkles; In addition, it is the main cause of skin cancer. Therefore, you should add sunscreen to your daily skincare routine.
You apply this product to your face after hydration and at least 30 minutes before leaving home. Ideally, touch it up every 2 or 4 hours. The WHO (2015) recommends using sunscreen with SPF 30. However, if you have very fair skin or are going to be exposed to the sun directly, preferably one with SPF 50 or higher than this.
Sunscreens are designed according to skin type. Therefore, if your skin is dry, creams and lotions are fine for you, but if it is oily you should use the spray or gel versions.
Skin care: pre and post shave
Shaving is part of your personal hygiene, so you must learn to take care of your skin before and after the procedure. Get a good shaving foam that limits the friction of the blade with your skin; When you finish shaving, apply an aftershave lotion. Both of these prevent irritations and leave your skin very soft.
You can shave before these steps, after cleansing your face or applying toner. The important thing is that you have not applied any moisturizer before shaving, because it can cause some irritation.
Tips for healthy skin
Having a magazine face is possible if you have healthy habits and follow a daily skincare routine. Here are some tips that can help you improve its texture, shine and smoothness:
- Drink between 2.5 and 3.7 liters of water a day.
- Exercise 3 times a week to speed up your metabolism and cell renewal.
- Include a daily serving of raw vegetables and fruit in your diet to have enough vitamins and minerals.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Avoid applying perfumes or alcohol to your face.
- Do not smoke. Nicotine and tobacco induce aging of the skin.
Adding these simple daily tips and following your skincare routine will give you a healthy face, with a shiny and smooth appearance.